First journal entry! Really late. Should be sleeping but oh well. Ok here goes.
This would only be relevant to those who follow the Midgard Project (love you guys, thank you for all the support! ). I'm currently (between revising for exams) in the middle of updating my map of Midgard to make it HD and change some things.
- The British Isles are further away from mainland Middle-Earth (Beleriand now fits in the gap) - less embarrassment for Gondor that way. The islands of Tol Fuin and Tol Himling are between them.
- Iceland is closer to Scandinavia, and Berk (and most other islands from the HTTYD movie franchise) are between it and Britain.
- Removed the Atmoran peninsula, replaced by Westeros.
- Tamriel will be made using the anthology map from 2013. Westeros will be made using the map from the Lands of Ice and Fire.
- Yokuda now closer to Tamriel, with the islands between them (e.g. Thras) visible. I really should not have left them out to begin with.
- Added Pyandonea, which originally was submerged thousands of years ago (yay retcon!), though it will be smaller than the original. Keeping the atolls in the middle of the Pyandoneac ocean as maormer territory though.
- Small islands such as the Polynesian ones, the Azores, Canaries, Mauritius and Reunion, are now visible.
- Included the Balkan coastline in Valinor (east of Italia) to make it more natural-looking.
- Added some more Mediterranean islands as part of the Caribbean.
- Narnia will have more accurate landforms.
- You'll be able to pick out Mirkwood, Lothlorien, and Fangorn. Numerous large rivers such as the Anduin, Brandywine, and the Greyflood will be just about visible.
- Added some lakes to westernmost Forodwaith (north of Angmar).
- Drowned Florida.
This map won't be out for quite unfortunately due to exams. I'm writing this now to ask for feedback on the proposed changes and anything you might want to see added. I may upload a WIP image if people are interested.